About me

Mijn foto
I've changed my life around and now I am enjoying The Lighter Life. I love cooking and especially baking lovely desserts, but I wanna stay away from little no-no's like too much sugar and fat. I live in Belgium where the 'low-carb and low-fat movement' is just starting to begin so I found myself looking for recipes with easy to find ingredients and metric cooking measurements. Since they were hard to find, I decided to make my own! My desserts may never win beauty contests, for baking with bio ingredients will mostly give you flat cakes and pies. But lord will they win over your taste buds and still have you fitting into your skinny jeans. I invite you all to try out some recipes, adapt a couple where you see fit and above all, learn to enjoy the lovely taste of freshly baked, healthy goods.

zondag 3 maart 2013

Almond Macadamia Cookies

Hi Everyone,

I'm back with a new recipe!
After my hazelnut cookies really did the trick of keeping my sweet cravings in check, I decided I needed more! I made another batch of cookies because I love how they are so low in carb and I don't have to feel bad for indulging.
My cookie routine: I have one in the morning before my meals with a nice cup of strong coffee and in the evening, I have another one (or two...) with some lemon tea and really, it doesn't even feel like I'm dieting.

Ingredients:

2 large Eggs
150 gr butter
a tsp vanilla extract
5 tbsp sweetener (or to your taste)
200 gr Almond flour
1 tsp baking powder
dash of salt
60gr Macadamia nuts, chopped

How to do it:

  • Preheat over to 190 degrees C.
  • Separate the whites from the yolks and beat the whites stiff.
  • In the bowl with the yolks add the vanilla extract and butter.
  • Add the sweetener and mix again.
  • Add the baking powder,salt and almond flour.
  • Gently fold in the egg whites. This will give your cookie it's height.
  • Finally, gently stir in the chopped nuts

  • Divide the dough evenly into about 15 little heaps of dough and place them on a cookie sheet. Make sure they are far enough apart because they will spread out a little. Bake for about 12 minutes at 190 C for soft cookies, go to about 17 minutes for crunchier ones.

    Afterwards let them cool before you move them to a plate.


    Depending on how big you make them and which ingredients you use, this entire recipe contains about 17gr of carbs. So that's about 1,2 gr of carb per cookie!

    Leave them overnight because I found the taste and texture is better the next day.

    Note: You can also add some white chocolate chunks but I couldn't find any with reduced calories. Now I found some on so I'll be back soon with some white chocolate creations :D

    Note 2: For added yummyness, you could smear the top of the cookies with some low sugar jam. Only do so right before you're about to eat them because otherwise, they will make the cookie too mushy.



    Enjoy
    xx

    Geen opmerkingen:

    Een reactie posten