About me

Mijn foto
I've changed my life around and now I am enjoying The Lighter Life. I love cooking and especially baking lovely desserts, but I wanna stay away from little no-no's like too much sugar and fat. I live in Belgium where the 'low-carb and low-fat movement' is just starting to begin so I found myself looking for recipes with easy to find ingredients and metric cooking measurements. Since they were hard to find, I decided to make my own! My desserts may never win beauty contests, for baking with bio ingredients will mostly give you flat cakes and pies. But lord will they win over your taste buds and still have you fitting into your skinny jeans. I invite you all to try out some recipes, adapt a couple where you see fit and above all, learn to enjoy the lovely taste of freshly baked, healthy goods.

zondag 13 oktober 2013

Delicious Pizza without the guilt!

One of the best things out there...is pizza. Not only is it simply delicious, it's also fun to eat and share with friends. But it's also one of the worst thing out there when you're thinking of fat and calories. So therefore, my way of making a pizza which will leave you with a great dinner and none of the guilt.

You can always buy one of those ready-made crusts, but they do tend to cost a pretty penny, so why not make your own. I promise you, it's so easy and simple. I wouldn't add it to my blog if it wasn't!



Also...no yeast! I don't get yeast, never have. It's one of those ingredients you would buy one time, use like half of it, and then after a year, you throw it out when it becomes hard as rock and you need the fridge space.

So, I present you a simple pizza crust with no fuss but packing in taste, topped with delicious ingredients, all rolling in to a great dinner to enjoy with a good movie on series marathon.

Ingredients for 1 medium pizza:

for the crust
200 gr flour
pinch of baking powder
pinch of salt
pinch of garlic powder
pinch of dried basil
90ml water
extra: 1tbsp vegetable oil


for the pizza
a half yellow bell pepper
a half red union
3 tbsp tomato sauce
2 slices of chicken
A handful of grated cheese
extra: your favorite spices. I used Cajun and simple chicken spices

Way to do it:

  1. Add all dry ingredients for the crust in a bowl and mix with a spoon. Then add the water. You might not need all of it, so add as you knead and add some more of it's too dry. The dough shouldn't be too sticky but should have more of an elastic texture. Spread out on a baking tray lined with a baking sheet and flatten until you get a nice round pizza. Curl back the outsides a little to get that crunchy side crust.
  2. Drip some oil on the inside of the pizza and move it around. This will prevent the base getting soggy with the tomato sauce. Such a marvelous little trick.
  3. Then starts the fun part. The topping! I added half a yellow bell pepper, chopped into small cubes, half a red onion, chicken slices you would normally put on your sandwich but I cut them into little bits ass well and sprinkled them over the vegetables. Finally comes the cheese. Of course, the more cheese you add, the more high in fat it will become so cheese in moderation.
  4. I also topped with some herbs so give the pizza an extra little spicy kick.
  5. Bake in a preheated oven on 240degrees C for about 12 minutes. Or until the cheese is melted and the crust is crunchy.

To be honest, I'm actually kind of surprised at how good the base turned out. I was expecting a floppy crust, but it's was strong, crunchy and very yummy.

The good thing about making the crust yourself is that you can add flavor. I used garlic and basil, but you could also go with grated cheese, paprika powder, chilli or even sugar when you're going for a dessert.

Enjoy
xx 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten